Looking for new homes...

I'm being forced to take a hard look at my life and remove some extra stress.  I LOVE my cattle and while they are a huge part of my stress relief, irrigating 25 acres, and maintaining a herd of 30 has become more than I can handle right now.   I've put my heart and soul into building this herd, carefully selecting temperament, size, color, and "curl" to create a wonderfully diverse and beautiful group of cows.  I will only be keeping a handful so that we no longer need to lease extra pasture space.  I want to use this forum to tell you a little about the girls who are ready for new pastures.  I hope I can find someone who will love them half as much as I do, because this is SO hard!

The vet is coming on August 2nd to do pregnancy checks and I will add approx. due dates then.

Felicity (Sale Pending)

Felicity was born March 18, 2020.  She was curious from birth and would walk right up to us and let us love on her.  Her mom, Betsy, is one of the fluffiest cows we have ever had and she has her momma's hair!  She loves apple treats and will eat from your hands.  When I had more time to spend with her, she loved to be brushed as well.  We were planning to breed her at 18 months (September).  She is $1500 open and $1800 bred.






Charlotte

Charlotte was born here on our farm on April 7, 2018.  She is fairly small for a Galloway and pure white.  She has the most unique white eyelashes I've ever seen.  She is shy and sweet and loves to eat treats from your hand.  She has given us 2 tiny heifers and calves with ease.  Charlotte is bred for a late spring calf and $1800.




Little Red


Little Red was born on our farm on April 7, 2017.  We were thrilled with her brilliant red color!  She is such a good girl and has always let us love on her babies.  She loves to eat treats from your hand and has given us 2 super fuzzy, good tempered black bull calves.  She is bred for an early spring baby and $1800.








Snowball


Snowball came to us just over a year ago with her beautiful bull calf who was going to be our new herd sire.  She is a wonderful beef cow with such a nice long, straight build.  She is mild tempered and has grown fond of treats.  She is bred for a summer calf and $1800.





Twiz

Twiz is a small framed Highland/Angus cross.  She is 20 months old and was going to be bred to a small black highland.... however... when she arrived, she took a liking to Morty and jumped the fence.  If confirmed bred, she will be having Morty's miniature baby in January.  Twiz is on the right and Morty is below.  Asking $3500 bred, or $1500 if open.  Morty is our micro miniature bull - he is 32" tall.




Felicia

Felicia was born March 23, 2020.  She is spunky and very hairy!  She will be bred next month and her new owner can choose her sire!  If bred to our mid size Galloway bull, she will be $1800, if bred to Morty, she will be $3500.


This is our mid size herd bull, Newbull, and Morty is pictured above.



I also have a couple of yearling steers available for $850-1150 (depending on size).  Please contact me if you are interested in a pet steer or beef steer.

I can be reached at idahogallowaycattle@gmail.com or text/call (208) 42zero-348four.





Comments

Popular Posts